At Sun Coast, we hold great pride in providing exceptional marine surveying services for both sail and power vessels. Our unwavering dedication to exceeding industry benchmarks forms the bedrock of our services. While our primary surveying operations are based in Maryland, our capabilities extend to catering to clients throughout the United States, the Caribbean, and internationally, tailored to your specific needs. Our comprehensive array of marine services encompasses:
- Pre-purchase, appraisal, insurance, damage assessment, thermal imaging, ultrasonic, and consultation services.
- For sailboats, powerboats, yachts, and more.
- You can expect your survey report to be conveniently delivered via email within three to five business days following the survey (with some exceptions).
- Our dedication to serving you extends to most weekends and holidays.
- We operate with full insurance coverage.
We accept all major credit cards.
Scheduling a Survey Is Effortless
Streamlined Survey Scheduling
Our website is designed to simplify the process of arranging your marine survey, making it user-friendly and straightforward. It offers you, the potential client, the opportunity to assess the qualifications of our surveyors, review samples of our previous marine survey reports, and examine our work agreement.
Our Surveying Goals
A comprehensive marine survey, whether for a new or pre-owned boat, strategically positions you, the prospective buyer. It equips you to negotiate the sale price or budget for essential repairs or restoration work before making a purchase. In many cases, the survey cost is easily recuperated through the significant savings it can generate. Additionally, the invaluable information contained in the survey report greatly benefits new owners.
Our Outstanding Qualifications
A thorough marine survey of a new or pre-owned boat empowers you, the potential buyer, by providing the leverage to negotiate the sale price or estimate repair and restoration expenses prior to making a purchase. This frequently results in substantial savings, often exceeding the survey’s cost. Furthermore, the information within the survey report holds immense value for a new owner.
As professional marine surveyors, we bring exceptional qualifications to the table:
- Graduates of the Chapman School of Seamanship (Yacht and Small Craft Survey Course)
- ABYC Standards Accredited
- Members of SAMS® (Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors)
- 20 years of fiberglass and refitting experience on power and sailing vessels
- 30 years of sailing and boating experience As Marine Surveyors and members of SAMS®, we follow the code of ethics and rules of practice as prescribed by the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors.